Water filters Domestic use

Are the six month change cartridge type any good? If not, what is recommended?

I have seen a very strange one under a sink that seemed to have a thing that looked like a gas bottle on it and made load moaning noises when used. Damn nice water though.

Reply to
EricP

What are you trying to achieve? If it's just a taste improvement, then activated carbon filters will do a reasonable job.

That was probably an RO system. We have one to treat our drinking water, which comes from a well. They are extremely effective, and the water tastes great.

Reply to
Grunff

Our water tastes like a solution of chalk and medicine. We want a volume source of clean water for coffee, tea, cooking, drinking and the steam iron.

I am sick of that jug thing that you have to fill up all the time and fancied turning one of those little taps on. :))

Reply to
EricP

Hmm, well, an activated carbon filter will help a little, but if you want really clean water, bite the bullet and fit an RO system. They've come down in price enormously over the last few years - I've seen some on the market for the £200 (but can't vouch for their quality).

Reply to
Grunff