leaking roof

HI all

I have a plasterboard ceiling and have noticed that stains have appeared recently in one corner of our bedroom ceiling.

House was built in 1988, by Barratts.

Looked in attic and saw that on piece of hte apex boarding, has black mould and some honeycomb pores sticking out. They scrape off easily but the board is wedged and secured down by literally the roof itself.

I'm a competent DIY-er but I've done a roof before. The water is defeinately coming in from the outside and seeping down this board.

Is this too tough a job for me? Or any ideas on how to go about repairing the roof?

Any help appreciated.

Matt

Reply to
MattP

It was probably caused by that helicopter flying over it all the time !!

FrankG

Reply to
FrankG

MattP wrote

"Black mould" could be typical condensation mould or algae, or it could be something a lot worse. Also what do you mean by "honeycomb pores"? This also sounds as though it could be serious. Any chance you could post a photograph somewhere?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Well there ou are. Out of guarantee.

Call Mr paddy O'Reilly, who used to work for the IRA, make sure sentimental contents are removed but insurance is in place, and he will torch it for you, whilst you are reliably alibied elsewhere.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher