Quick fix for leaking roof

My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary repair, until she can afford to have the thing replaced.. Barry

Reply to
Barry

I struggled to find a way to make a quick temporary repair on my roof and I tried everything, starting with every variety of Henry's roof coatings. The standard roof coatings did not work for more than a few months. I tried just about everything. What finally worked is when I used GE Silicone II to cover the cracks. It is very durable and it keeps the water out excellent. The silicone has allowed me to postpone a $40,000 cost of replacing the whole roof, maybe for a few more years.

Reply to
scorpionleather

Depends on what the direct cause of the leak is. A single point maybe, if it's a general condition, not so much.

--

Reply to
dpb

Unless the exact place that's causing the problem is very obvious, probably not. It can be very difficult to identify where the problem is.

Reply to
Reggie Dunlop

Tarp weighted down with bricks.

Reply to
Phisherman

"Barry" wrote .

Barry, need to know a few things.

Is the leak spot obvious from inside the attic and fairly small? Easily reached? - if so you may be able to temp patch but need to seal both sides and it will *not* last long. A few months at best

Is the leak pretty much everywhere? - bad juju. Take a loan out. Meantime, you might be able to get by a few weeks without internal structrual damage with tarp and nails. weeks. Not many. First good soaking rain and wind, and it blows off.

Get a little more specific and folks can give better advice ok?

Reply to
cshenk

"scorpionleather" wrote in news:iybCk.856$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi149.ffdc.sbc.com:

$40k?! Bit steep for most roofs. Maybe in a pricey area, larger roof, many dormers/valleys, steep, teardown to trusses, all of the above.

Reply to
Red Green

Just cover the whole roof with duct tape.

--------- Redneck's Famous words..... Fuck the house. Lets go hunting. Don't forget the beer.

Reply to
redneck

NO. YOU MUST REPLACE THE ROOF.

Sorry, if you had told us what the roof is made of, maybe we could have helped. Since you were an idiot, you will have to spend thousands of dollars to replace the roof.

Jesus will punish you too..... He does not forgive idiots!

Reply to
commander

Ain't gonna cost me anything........ It's not my roof.. So I guess that makes you the idiot, for not reading my message.... That's the same thing that your momma said last night. Jesus who? Barry

Reply to
Barry

Identify where the leak is exactly in the attic. If it's roof, replace the shingles in that area. If it's flashing around the chimney or vent pipe or skylight, use roofing tar tube that fits in your caulking gun. Fill in the cracks. Silicone or latex caulking that dries clear is fine too.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

I love my kill filter.

Reply to