Ladder Clamps

Hi All

Thinking of buying some ladder clamps like these

which would be a lot easier than using two ratchet straps (my current method).

They seem outrageously expensive for what they are - two bits of bent studding & some scrap square tube. Can't be arsed to male my own. Anyone know a cheaper source?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Wickes ones are about the same price, I've got some. Payback is quick as it only takes a couple of spins to fix the ladders ...and I bet that you can't make them cheaper if you count your time :-)

Now putting the roof rack on the car is a pain...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

We have several sets of these at work for carrying different sized ladders and i wouldnt use anything else. Just make sure you dont overtighten them as its easily done....a lot easier than trying to bend the studding back into place! The one thing i would say is that if you have a square roof bar, look in halfords as the ones in there are more suited to those types of bars.

Lee

Reply to
lee