Jobsworths.

Why wouldn't one? Maybe you think all delivery drivers/postmen have to smoke as they may deliver tobacco? Why do you think a smoker should be exempt from the H&S laws? Why do you cling to such ideas?

Reply to
dennis

No it isn't. I know I have ill effects from passive smoke so stuff you and your persistent lies.

Reply to
dennis

He indicated he didn't want to read your posts, so you morphed in order to force them on him. 'morph' means 'change' - those who use a munged address etc. DON'T change - they use the same address on all posts.

No, you're just being an idiot.

A stupid, immature idiot.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That is excessive drinking and it is already illegal in case you didn't know. It has been illegal for many years, far longer than smoking.

That is also excessive drinking.

Smoking harms, there is no need for an excess.

The law is not stupid only the people that misunderstand it.

Reply to
dennis

Not entirely true:

1 There as been no indication that he did not want to "read my posts". He may well be reading them, but perhaps he does not wish to respond - I don't know so I try to find out - I can hardly write to him at his registered business address, as he has deigned not to show it on his website (oddly enough, he says due to spammers). 2 There are many instances within this group where posters have changed 'addresses' on numerous occasions, others have changed both name and address, yet have made themselves know by adding their name or 'handle' at the bottom of their posts - so how is that morphing?

Now, if I had reverted to another news account (shall we say news.motzarella.org) and then changed my address AND name so that to all intents and purpose I would be posing as a complete 'stranger' to the group - that would be 'morphing' in the sense that I understand it - or even possibly being a 'sock'.

In what way? Please elucidate so that I may have the benefit of your (obviously) superior knowledge

Thank you very much for calling me immature, as a rather old 'being', that's the best compliment I have had for ages Bob - but how do you get the words onto the old monitor screen - pen and ink?

Because whilst my reply may be in response to a poster other than you, and perhaps an answer that was not expected, the method I have explained really is factual - unless of course you know different?

Stupid and an idiot - well I have been called worse in my fairly long life, and I have no doubt that you are just as guilty of doing stupid and idiotic things in your lifetime - if you say that you have not, then you're either a saint or a damned liar - and I won't ask which.

Goodnight Bob.

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Jusy leave him to it, then.

Childishly morphing to try and get through to someone who doesn't want to respond.

You are acting 'immature'; age has no relevance.

And as an aside, you were technically incorrect, as it happens. The keyboard doesn't generate ASCII (if it's a PC you are using). It is a set of ones and zeros at all stages and doesn't suddenly get converted.

Don't try to ascribe statements to me that I have not uttered to you.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Obviously you are either so self opinionated or just too dim to realise to what I was alluding to! Or are you a neo-fascist too?

Don.

Reply to
Cerberus .

Whoosh.............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh let me think.

Being killed by a drunk driver, being glassed by a drunk, stepping in vomit/urine, the cost of the Police, Ambulance Service and A&E....

No, one of those smokers able to see through the outright lies and manipulation of statistics used by the anti smoking fascists.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There is no credible scientific evidence to support the claim that passive smoking is a health risk. Plenty of crap, lies, misunderstood statistics, but bugger all else.

Don't flatter yourself you prat, I would only killfile you if I gave a shit.

What?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

For 'blindness' please read 'knowledge'. I fully accept that, as a smoker, I have a 16% higher chance of developing lung cancer that a non smoker. I accept that because there is credible scientific evidence to support the claim.

You may not like passive smoke, it may act as a trigger to existing asthma sufferers, but there is no credible evidence that it is a health risk.

Agree about morphing.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I didnt indicate that Bob, I don't really give a s**te what the idiot posts. I simply couldn't be arsed to killfile him.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"Stuff you and your persistent lies" is the ideal phrase to describe the claims made by the anti smoking lobby.

You may find passive smoke unpleasant and an irritant, but it isn't going to kill you, small children or fluffy bunnies.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Are you really so thick you have to ask that?

Correct. You forget. I've never said or implied that. I do, however, believe it should be up to a pub or club to decide itself if it allows smoking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you think an ambulance team attending some drunken brawl more or less at risk health and safety wise than being in the vicinity of someone smoking?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why did you persist in attending places where smoking happened if you knew it was doing you harm?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And rarely if ever enforced.

How do you define 'excessive'? For some it can be one drink - for others the entire bottle doesn't cause misbehaviour.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This is true, but someone who lifetime smokes has about a 16% chance of developing lung cancer. Someone who has never smoked has about a 1% chance.

So it's also the case that the risk is 16x higher.

I think that an asthma sufferer might consider that to be a health risk

Reply to
Andy Hall

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

The Law is Always Right, eh, Dennis?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

American man sees a lady smoking a cigarette through an elegant holder. He says "excuse me ma'am, but what is that you have on your cigarette?". She says "It prevents getting nicotine stains on my fingers". He comments on what a good idea it is, and resolves to buy one the following day. Strolls into a tobacconist and says "Do you sell those preventative things in here?" The chap says "No, have you tried the chemist?". So he pops into Boots, and says to the girl behind the counter: "I would like to buy a preventative please". She says "Certainly sir, what size?", He says "Hmm, I guess big enough to fit a Camel"

Reply to
John Rumm