Indesit WG1030 - Washing Machine Help

Can anyone shed any light on what might be wrong with this?

(The timer unit has been replaced).

On the 3/8 cycles the machine stops a short way into the cycle. If you knock the timer round a tiny spot it continues ok fine.

New timer unit (as in brand new) hasn't fixed it...

Rather perplexed.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Outlet pump / pipework may be partially blocked. (I know, doesn't seem logical- something to do with not emptying fast enough for the logic)

Reply to
Niall

The machine is filling with cold water and is waiting to heat it up before continuing with its wash cycle.

Reply to
BigWallop

Not unless it's a very slow heater - as it stops there indefinately.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

In this cold weather and with a very cold mains supply, it can take up to 30 minutes for the water to heat sometimes. If it is taking longer than this, then the synchro motor on the back of the timer is probably shot and needs replaced.

Reply to
BigWallop

Although it is Indesit which is probably the reason it doesn't work, bearing in mind the brand new timer I would doubt, (but not to say it's not), that it has gone. Before condemning random items on the machine would it not be wise to advise checking all wiring to the heater and thermostats. Also check the pressure chamber and connecting pipes for blockages.

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch