Whirlpool washing machine behaving badly

Machine will go days or weeks with no problems then start misbehaving. Usually the wash cycle goes O.K. Reg. or Delicate, no problems. It will usually fill for rinse as well. After that it's a coin toss. the timer knob continues to move and click at appropriate times but nothing happens. no draining, no spin, no sounds either. After a few times resetting the timer to some point before the rinse, it may continue all the way through o.k. maybe not. Case in point. this morning after the timer progressed through all cycles of a reg. wash,the tub was still full of rrinse water. so I ended up turning the timer knob to the wash cycle on delicate and it rinsed drained and spun no problem except the stuff wasn't as dry as it should be. So I deccided to see if reg. spin would work. I turned the knob up to spin and nothing, EXCEPT it was putting the small amounts of water into the tub as it usually does during spin, but not spinning. Didn't hear a motor running either. It's just a hodge podge of things that go wrong and it may work fine for days at a time.

Reply to
J. McClendon

Hi,

Model#? WLP has made a few different machines over the years.

model# helps.

It is possible that some of the timer contacts are blackened/burnt and the washer motor is not getting power to run in certains spots....next dead spot try wiggling/jiggling the timer knob to see what happens.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff