Tool Name????

hi all, can anyone tell me the trade name of the tool that fits the type of screw that LOOKS like a torqx, but has a small stud in the middle of the head??? have come across this in a couple of parts i'm working on, any info appreciated

pax, h2

Reply to
h2

It's called a security torx, most larger hardware stores carry them. Google search brings up 100's of sellers.

Reply to
Brian V

Grandpa Koca

try these

bill

Reply to
bill a

pax, h2

Reply to
h2

I needed these to repair the ignition on my minivan. It was interesting to me how unsecure they are. Walk into NAPA, ask for a secure torx and five minutes later I'm done..

-- Regards,

Bentley Wolfe Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia Flash Senior Escalation Engineer

Owner, BIKETRIAL MIDWEST Webmaster:

bentley wolfe

Before spending the money, try to knock the pin out of the screw head. Sometimes, a small screwdriver can do it. Or, a small punch and hammer.

Reply to
Retiredff

You can get a Chinese import hex-drive set of every kind of security bit in history for a few bucks. They're all over eBay.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch