Hygena QA kitchen units?

Are these still available? need a tall cupboard to match some existing units, bought ex Curries 2002 appx.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hygena was a product of Humber Kitchens who changed their trading name to Hygena in 1982. Later, MFI bought out Humber Kitchens.

I think Hygena units were latterly made by Howdens, an MFI spin-off, who are apparently still in business. Perhaps this should be your first port of call:

is also a firm using the Hygena name, Hygena Kitchen Cabinets of Allerdyce Road, Glasgow G15 6RX. Tel: 0141 944 8136. No web site.

Reply to
Bruce

Huygens kitchens are the original name of what has now become Wren Kitchens - still based in Howden, North Yorkshire - not to be confused with Howdens 😎

Reply to
CRM

You are a bit late after 12 years.

Reply to
4587Joey

So why the change of name? The old name was well known. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

IIRC Hygena was a MFI in house brand... So when they went t*ts up, so did the brand.

I suppose Victoria plumb might now own it since they acquired the MFI name.

(and Howdens started life as part of the MFI group)

Reply to
John Rumm

Hygena was an up-market brand which I used in our kitchen around 1970. It went bust a few years later and the name was bought by MFI

Reply to
charles