combined tile adhesive +grout

given that grout is so much the cheaper ingredient
and that getting tiles to stay stuck to the wall is Number One priority
WTF would buy a pot of tile adhesive-grout?
-- http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com /
wibbled on Wednesday 07 April 2010 21:54

People who want to stick 2 tiles back that fell off and want a tiny pot of whatever costs the least...
--
Tim Watts

Tim Watts wrote:

Just like me :-)
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Can't most of the better adhesives be used as grout? Although I prefer to use a dedicated one.
--
*I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Adhesives aren't usually pure white

Stuff I used was. Homebase best. For porcelain tiles. Good stuff.
--
*Gravity is a myth, the earth sucks *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

No. the better adhesives are vile coloured and plasticky.
I have used grout'n'go but a good adhesive it ain't. The advantage is that you can do a job very quickly in one shot. No need to grout later.
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Errrm. No you can't. The adhesive dries via the air gap around the tile, if you grout straight away it doesn't dry properly. Plus the pressure required to get the grout into the gaps properly can move the tiles.
Just saves buying two pots of stuff.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I wouldn't .... use separates. ... and don't use 'free adhesive & grout' offers ...they don't give away good stuff.