How to white-out a window whilst decorating?

You do not see it so much these days, but in the past it was common to white-out a window in the absence of curtains whilst decorating etc was undertaken.
How was this done? IIRC the coating was easily wiped off. Was it some type of whitewash?
TIA for any pointers.

A thin coating of Angel Delight.
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 22:32:10 -0700 (PDT), jim

Seriously? Windolene.....

Powdered Whiting, but I can't think where you would find it these days.
--
Jim White
Wimbledon London England

Gardeners use something for whiting out greenhouse glass. Garden centre?
regards

--
Tim Lamb

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 22:32:10 -0700 (PDT), jim wrote:

Greenhouse, er, stuff?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 05/06/2011 09:20, PeterC wrote:

I used that last year to try to prevent my conservatory from overheating. I took months to get the last traces off.
Colin Bignell

Correct. My wife paints her greenhouse with it each summer.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 10th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3177
Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're

It begs the question Why ?
Never had a problem letting people watch me decorating!
AWEM

You are the "nude decorator"* AICMFP?
* http://www.ukclassifieds.co.uk/nude_handyman_available_gardening_decorating-o399089.html
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0hotmailcom

Does he do angle grinding ?
Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)

Only once ...
--
geoff

On 05/06/2011 11:45, Nick Leverton wrote:

A chef as well apparently.... could add a new dimension to the term getting a little behind in his orders!
--
Cheers,

John.

"Another sausage, Madam ?"
Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)

No, it raises the question.

Windolene most people use. You could use the coolglass paint for greenhouses ... it will brush off afterwards
On Sunday, 5 June 2011 06:32:10 UTC+1, jim wrote:

On a sunny day painting white on white is a nightmare knowing wher you have done already or where you have missed a bit. Whitening the windows gives y ou a very diffuse light in the room and that is a big help - that's why whi tening is a great idea. Knothing to do with privacy!
Cheers Jonathan
Where are all these older messages coming from all of a sudden? Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Groups google.
Tim