How to prolong the life of your petrol-engined car!

writes

Look, John's agreeing with himself, it must be some sort of condition
--
David

There
but
can
be
be
Bertie, I see yiu are active again. Sad but true.
MiniMee
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

Which is hardly ever. Suggesting you've never driven one, let alone own one.
So we've got two claimed owners of the Prius on this group. Or has IMM morphed once more?
--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up.*

there
Richard, I have a Prius.

Richard, I have gone over to the other side.
MiniMee
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

He's morphed, He's now doctor evil, presumably so he can escape killfiles.

there
Please put me on your killfile ASAP.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

So he's a doctor now. Degree obtained from the same place as his supposed BSc? Where efficiency means just what he wants it to mean? ;-)
--
*I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you

He was back in mine as soon as he appeared under the latest guise

there
killfiles.
Make sure I stay there. I don't like incompetent people.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

Self hate is sad.
--
*Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Another witticism. Where do they come from? Duh!
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

Morphing again I see?
--
*Middle age is when work is a lot less fun - and fun a lot more work.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Sounds rather OTT IMO. You are lucky to get 500 recharge cycles out of even the best Li-Ion batteries at the moment, Li-Polymer may be better but its unlikly to be an order of magnitude - perhaps double. So if you can do 300 mils per charge, and 1000 cycles per battery, you are talking about 30K miles tops per set of cells.
--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm wrote:

Check your maths. I made 300 cycles of 300 miles 90,000 miles.
Your figures give 300,000 miles.,
300 miles times 1000 cycles = three hundred times one thousand = three hudred thousand...
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Oops! errm, yes carry on nothing to see here....
--
Cheers,

John.

See the other posts about fuel costs and tax.
--
*i souport publik edekashun.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

    I repeat, power electronics has changed very little in the past 25years. I hold patents on power motor drive systems from 1962, which are still technologically valid today!! FETs are a very minor step in the development of power switching devices. Only the pricing has really changed. Microprocessor control replaces, in many cases the original analogue system. A similar example is washing machine controls, which were designed as solid state in the early 1960's and are still mechanical switches in many cases today. Anyway, in terms of prolonging the life of your car, I've never seen any substitute for changing the oil regularly. Another example where there has been little real change in 60 years!
    Regards     Capitol

There is no substitre for using the very best oil - fully synthetic, which wasn't available for cars 60 years ago.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

And I'll say it again, Bollox.
Didn't this thread start with this ?....

Depends what you mean by regularly.
60 years ago, oil changes were at 1000 mile intervals, and the average family car engine was clapped out at well under 50,000 miles. Many cars now have 15,000 mile oil change intervals and engines outlast the car - assuming things like cam belts etc don't break.
However, correct maintenance has always been the requirement for decent life - of anything. But over frequent 'maintenance' can do more damage than good.
--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *