How to prolong the life of your petrol-engined car!

All of which adds to weight and cost. Any performance figures for this modification? The problem is the projected range is always the best possible scenario - which you'd know if you ever read anything other than adverts.

In this country and many others the cost of fuels is distorted by tax. And petrol tax produces a large income to the government. At the moment, electric cars are such a tiny number that you're allowed to use domestic electricity with no penalty. If they became common, the government would simply alter the taxing method to regain lost revenue.
--
*Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

wrote:> > Read the article I posted a link to. A company in California is

This man clearly has no idea whatsoever. What do you expect from aman who wears yellow boots. Lithium Polymer batteries are light and store enough charge for car to travel 200-300 miles. EVworld:
"Is the battery-electric car dead? Not according to some experts, who claim that car manufacturers and legislators lost interest in the battery car just when battery technology started to take off. Among the most promising are a new-generation of lithium-ion or lithium polymer batteries that could offer vehicle ranges up to 300 miles or more. "
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

*Any* lithium polymer battery? Do they only come in one size and don't take into account the actual usage of the vehicle?
Or have you yet again not understood *anything* ?
Of course not price. Doesn't matter to you - apart from buying shite tools.

Yes, pet. You're believing the adverts again. Tomorrow's World would be proud of you. Wonder whatever happened to that.
--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

wrote: <snip>

IMM stopped writing the scripts !... :~)
<snip inflamatory remarks>
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

<snip infamatory remarks>
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Actually, although dIMM doesn't understand what he has read, in this case what he has read is more or less accurate.
Lithium polymer technoloy has the energy and power density that is actually good enough to make a car with a sports car like performance, and sensible range at sensible speeds.
I.e it will go as far and as fast as a petrol car on a single tank, effectively. It just takes at lest an hour, and preferably 'over night' t 'fill the tank';
That means its suitable for the majority of domestic and commuting trips.
What's holding it back is inertia of manufacturers, the cost and lifetime of the batteries, and the safety aspects of the batteries, which are as inflammable as petrol, or worse.
None of these are insoluble, but it will be a few years yet.
<snip inflamatory remarks>

It take a year for makers to test the batteries alone, they selct for a vehicle. What is holding up Hybrid production is the 3rd party battery production.
A Japanese inventor claim his electric motor uses 10% of the energy of other motors and has sold 40,000 of them for air fans. If this is the case, then developing a motor for auto use with Lithium polymer batteries will give 1,000 miles range.
See for motor. Large companies are very interested: Liceses etc, may make them shy. Could be a scam or maybe somthing in it: http://www.zpenergy.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sidf6
"According to Automotive Technology Research or ATR co-founder and former J.D. Powers & Associates lead analyst, Thad Malesh, this is only the beginning. His firm is predicting -- conservatively, I might add -- that there will be at least 50 hybrid-electric vehicle models on the market by the end of this decade."
If these advances in elecric batteries and motors is realised, hybrids and fuel cells will be leapflogged.
When production is en-mass and prices drop like a stone for Lithium Polymer batteries, these will power a car for 250-300 miles, with excellent performance, on an overnight grid charge. An electric car run on Lith Polymers with have, say a very small hermetically sealed Stirling engine, that looks like a fridge compressor, used only for charging and maybe heating the car from its surplus heat. The free wheeling piston Stirling unit, used by MicroGen could be used. This would complete the package.
The Stirling could run overnight (very smooth and silent in operation using a fee moving piston with no crank or swash plate), to re-charge batteries if not plugged in while the car is parked. So no need to rely on a power point for energy. Of course the Stirling could run and recharge at any time the management system dictates. When driving down the road it could be re-charging.
Lith Polymer batteries "appear" to be the breakthrough that has been promised for 15 years; well one decent milestone anyway. And things can only get better in battery technology.
The solution appears to be under our noses, with available technology, yet the big auto giants don't appear to want to know. How suprising ;)
This also has knock on effects for off-the-grid homes. And if this Japanese motor is real, then we will all be using heat pumps to heat our homes.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

Please find out the efficiency of various types of electric motors before posting such shite.
Not, of course, that you understand what efficiency means...
--
*When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane *

<snip stupid remarks>
Not worth reading.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
something like:

So, what you're saying is that this inventor has come up with a design that will allow an electric motor to actually output more energy than is put into it?
I see... uhuh... riiiiiigggghttt...
Don't call us...etc.
--

Dave

saying

Er no!!! I said, now please read properly when youn read next time, "uses 10% of the energy of other motors".
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
something like:

Yes, and? Given the efficiency of electric motors is 90+% already, and the ONLY function of an eclectic motor is to convert leccy to motion... you're seriously telling us that 10% of the electrical energy could suddenly be used to make the same amount of mechanical energy as before?
Ye canny change the Loz of Fizziks.
As I said, we'll call you.
Next!
--

Dave

saying

Another confused person responds.

No. I am not saying that at all, thsi Japanese man is.

Why? Do you have one of these motors?
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
something like:

You're spouting it.
--

Dave

saying

Another odd person. I am reporting it to the ng, as many tech journals have reported it and confident it works, some are not. I never said it works or does not work.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

Still demonstrating your complete inability to understand anything relating to numbers dIMM. You seem fond of quoting percentages for some reason but if you actually understood what they meant you wouldn't have claimed that your silly Prius put out 90% less pollution than the typical car. Likewise if you knew anything at all about electric motors you wouldn't propagate a myth about machines that, on the figures quoted, would just have to be well over 100% efficient. There is at least a rational explanation for why the dishonest and devious can get away with quoting potential efficiencies of up to 110% for gas boilers but the difference between higher and lower calorific values is not a licence to fantasize about impossible efficiencies elsewhere.
--
Roger

contains these words:

have