How to prolong the life of your petrol-engined car!

I don't think he was blaspheming, more like asking for divine intervention !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Trade ? Like Partco ?

I use two Partcos. One's near my place (Bristol), one's up at my parent's place (Southport), where I also have much more covered garage space and thus tends to be used for major car fettling. Bristol is still a sensible factor that sells wheelbearings, but the Southport shop is turning into fuzzy-dice and blue underlights for the noisy Nova crowd. As car reliability improves, the "old" model of a trade factor is changing. The other factors I use either don't even sell oil, or just sell their one favoured Valvoline brand and aren't cheap about it.

Halfords is cheap for high-quality own-brand oils.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Look you moron, oil will prevent WEAR, it can't prevent stretching, no oil can - be that mineral or synthetic.

Chains wear even if immersed in oil.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

You're not related to Frank Spencer by any chance...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I certainly wouldn't call Partco a motor factors anymore, if it ever was.

IMO a trade (of what ever trade) factors is a place where the non trade, although served, feel out of place IYSWIM.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

In message , ":::Jerry::::" writes

He's certainly as accident prone

Reply to
raden

I believe even standard unleaded has added detergents. BP Ultimate is just a higher octane petrol. Unless your engine requires that octane of fuel I don't believe there is any real benefit in using it.

Reply to
StealthUK

*Registered* as an agricultural Vehicle
Reply to
Mark

You mean te stretch even if immersed in oil, surely...:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In general there is not.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

Now there is a first, or at least a first since I returned to this ng. dIMM sticking his head above the parapet and replying to one of Daves posts. He still misses the point of course but perhaps he has finally learned something. On second thoughts perhaps not, his snip drivel, etc. posts have multiplied in recent days. :-)

Reply to
Roger

Yes !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Well, quite so. But I thought we were talking about the UK and IMM's woeful memory.

(I have 8.5 litres of Rover V8s and am considering getting another.)

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
IMM

Any proof, or are you just making this up?

Reply to
IMM

Yes, the basic principles of how the IC engine works !.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Agreed, but that has nothing to do with cooling...

And this is different from any other oil how exactly? Once it has this heat that it has "taken away" what does it do with it?

You seem to be saying that any oil is better that insufficient oil, or oil that has been broken down. This does not demonstrate any ability of the synthetic oil to "cool better". It demonstrates that in a harsh environment the synthetic will survive better.

Reply to
John Rumm

It just is. All very technical. The boffins told me so, and explained at the time.

Dumps the hot oil in the sump which is being cooled.

It also cools better.

Reply to
IMM

Oh, I can. Do you know how the tensioner works (or not) on an early A Series?

Let me answer that for you. No.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Strange. Suddenly you want proof. But refuse to provide it when anyone asks *you* for it on any of your wilder claims.

International Man of Misinformation rools. KO?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)