How is this sink held down?

Evening,

Tomorrow AM I am replacing the worktop in my in-laws' utility room. They want to re-use the original sink and tap.

These are in stainless steel, and the circular bowl is separate from the tap. I looked under the sink to determine how it is fixed to the worktop, and there are no clips to hold it in place. I tried detaching the waste, but the sink is firmly held in place. Is it possible that it is simply the silicone around the rim which is holding it in place? Would silicone sealant be adhesive enough to do this job?

Thanks for any responses by the morning! Al Reynolds

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Yes.

The sinks in my en-suite are stuck down with silicon.

Reply to
Huge

yess.

Reply to