Discount for new condensing combis

I vaguely remember people discussing discounts for installing condensing combis. Is that still possible and how do I point my plumber towards this without creating too much of a fuss.

Is it legitimate to ask the plumber to give me the price for the parts only and then ask to supply the parts yourself if I can do it cheaper?

Cheerio,

Fred

Reply to
Fred

Try this lot:

gribblechips

The factory making plumbers seems to do it in different grades.

Sixty % of production is the "Walk OffThe Job If You Cough" model. Twentyfive % is the "Agree But Ignore You Totally" model The remaining fifteen % is the "Helpful and Friendly" model.

The latter is about the only one you can really get any useful work done with. Enquire from friends if any of them has one.

Reply to
EricP

You gotta remember that the majority don't get paid to turn up to your house, give you an estimate, write letters to you etc. so, say a 20% markup on parts isn't unreasonable if he's quoting for the whole job.

If you want to buy the parts yourself - make this clear from the start and then there will be no surprises. Aside from the lack of plumbers who put the phone down.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

er?

Somebody put this in the FAQ, it made my day and my nieces husband is a plumber, best thing she did was bring him into the family .

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

IMM