How do I seal metal shed base?

Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It leaks quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

Any ideas?

Cheers

Reply to
Pedro Popadopolous

In message , Pedro Popadopolous writes

How big are the gaps that need filling, my first thought is some general purpose building silicone sealant.

Reply to
chris French

Very small, you couldn't ger a knife blade through, just enough for water to trickle in

:-/

Reply to
Pedro Popadopolous

Just put one of those up, I used expanding foam and gutter sealant. (Then paid a visit to Ikea and saw that they had done the same with a temporary warehouse ;) )

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Smaller than the gaps in ours then ;) I was too lazy to level the base properly...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Pedro,

Id go for a good quality silcone sealant, its important that is has high elasticity as the metal will expand a great deal more than the conrete with temperture. If go for a heavy duty exterior silcone sealant. I think some gutter sealants may fit the bill. Must be highly elastic.

Kev

Reply to
kevin foote

You could try using silicone sealant that is what I am going to use and I put my metal shed on slabs and I bort ready mix cement to fill the gaps in the slabs that worked great all I have got to do is lift the shed up so I can put the silicone down on the slabs so when put the shed back down so it will push the silicone sealant out so it will be water tight

Reply to
Mark

Before replying to an 16 year old post from a broken website, please read and digest this:

Fredxx

Plus the method suggested may actually trap moisture and lead to the metal rusting faster.

Reply to
alan_m