home-made garage doors: closing & locking mechanisms?

Hi,

I'm thinking of making a pair of ledge-and-brace timber garage doors.

How do I get them to close together properly, and lock properly?

Fot closing together, should I use a 'master' and 'slave' setup? If so, could this be timber or should it be metal or what?

And should I put a small metal L-shaped plate thing in the ground at the bottom of where the doors meet each other? If so, how? And what's it called? :-)

Any advice would be much appreciated as to closing and locking mechanisms.

Making the doors seems like the easy part!

Thanks!

Michael

Reply to
hanrahan398

I've now found out about dropdown bolts. So one of those on the one door... Any recommendations for locking mechanism? No car or anything expensive will be kept in the garage.

Michael

Reply to
hanrahan398