Help with a supplier of uPVC window rubber seals/gasket

Can anyone suggest a supplier/manufacturer of replacement rubber seals for plastic windows?

The companies that come up in a quick google don't seem to have the type we need, and a couple of companies who say they will manufacturer to order, have not even bothered to reply - we're not talking of 1/2 a metre either, but rather hundreds of metres

cheers

dg

Reply to
dg

've bought lengths down to an odd metre from their stock range.

Reply to
Kevin Poole

The company you want is Euroseal in Birmingham. Here is their catalogue for seals for uPVC windows.

come in a whole range of sizes and cross-section. You have to buy a tub - typically 150 metres for about £50 - a whole lot cheaper than the places which sell it by the metre.

If you ring them up, they'll send you a sample of a given type so that you can check that it's correct.

[I've currently got a tub of each of two types sitting in my garage, waiting to be fitted to my conservatory]
Reply to
Roger Mills

- we're not talking of 1/2 a

Seals are usually extruded from EPDM rubber.I used to use a company called D J Profiles Ltd.They were a manufacturer not just a stockist.I can`t remember where they were but possibly Telford.

Reply to
mark

Kevin Poole wibbled on Wednesday 03 February 2010 23:23

Bloody hell - only 30 mins up the road. I happen to need some replacement for my ali windows - that's for that link. I'll shall have to see if there's anything in the catalogue that's vaguely similar.

Reply to
Tim Watts

OK thanks everyone.

This seemed like a simple thing, but what I've found is that if you have some plastic frames of just 10 years old, then the system and the rubber seals can be obsolete and damn impossible to find - unless you want to pay for a few thousand metres to be made from new tooled templates.

dg

Reply to
dg

Have you checked the Euroseals reference which I gave? If you scroll down, there are lots of pages showing hundreds of exotic cross-sections. The seals for my 20-year-old conservatory are not in regular production, but they still have the dies and were happy to make a single 150 metre tub for me without asking for silly money.

Reply to
Roger Mills