Supplier for rubber seals for conservatory?

All the windows and polycarbonate roofing panels on my 20 year old uPVC conservatory are held in by uPVC glazing beads, fitted with rubber a sealing strip which has quite a complex cross-section - see

rubber strips have all shrunk such that the roof sometimes leaks. It doesn't always do it - it depends on wind direction - but is nevertheless annoying. I would like to replace the rubber strips, but don't know where to get replacements. I'm not quite sure of the correct description for them, which makes Goggling difficult!

I would be very grateful for any help both in namimg them correctly and in suggesting suppliers who might be able to supply this stuff. The original conservatory suppliers have long gone out of business, so I can't ask them! I have a feeling that they got their materials from Germany at the time, but I'm not certain of that. As far as size goes, the max horizontal dimension (in the orientation of my photo) is about 20mm and vertical 9mm.

TIA.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Any of this any use?

used them so not a recommendation.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Have a look here.

are willing to send a sample if you ask. I have used them for about 30+ years. They are the "Experts" in rubber extrusions. Baz.

Reply to
Baz

Part number WS2272 looks possible...

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, thanks - and to Andrew!

I have contacted them and they are sending me a sample.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks for the link. I can't see quite the right thing in their on-line catalogue, but I've emailed them - so we'll see what transpires.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Have a look at

I used them recently to replace some perished gasket (this is the term used). It wasn't an exact match, but did the job. They will send samples, but make a small charge for it.

Paul R

Reply to
Paul R

Many thanks for the link. They have a lot of likely looking candidates, so I am hopeful. I have emailed them, but have not yet had a reply.

I have also contacted *their* supplier (Euroseal) - who are sending me a sample of the most likely candidate.

Reply to
Roger Mills

replying to Roger Mills, David wrote: Did you find a replacement seal, I ask because it?s similar to mine, which have to replace? Thanks David

Reply to
David

Blimey - where did you dig that up from - it was 10 years ago!

I subsequently found that my conservatory uses two different seal sections. I was able to obtain suitable replacements for both from Euroseal in Perry Barr, Birmingham - but it was made to order and I had to buy a whole (150 metres, I think) tub of each.

I've just looked on the Euroseal website, and they still exist - but I can't see that type of product. They only seem to do rigid plastic these days.

I still have quite a lot left - where are you?

Reply to
Roger Mills