Double Glazing seals?

Hi, My 15 year old upvc conservatory is leaking a bit and has some drafts. It appears the black rubber seals around the glass have shrunk leaving 15-20mm gaps in the corners. Can anyone suggest a supplier? Also, any tips or things to watch out for when replacing them.

TIA, Andy.

Reply to
insert name here

When you come to fit the new seals, cut them 2 or 3 inches too long, and start in the corners and work toward the centre of the pane. You'll find a loop forms as you go along, but it's amazing how much can be forced in.HTH.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

I asked a similar question a couple of years ago IIRC, and although I didn't try very hard, I never did spot a supplier for it !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I didnt think seals needed double glazing, are they a major energy use contributor? Does it not cause them problems in the water? What would the animal rights people say about it?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Well now that seals are living inland: (see ) the next thing we can expect is that they'll start grazing in fields like cows and damaging the ozone layer through all the extra methane produced: so I think it would be an excellent idea if new regs were passed ASAP to ensure that all seals are double-glazed as a matter of urgency.

David

Reply to
Lobster

So as seagulls get called landgulls will sea ls be getting called land ls ??

Reply to
Stuart