Tower

----- Original Message ----- From: "cojack" Newsgroups: free.uk.diy.home Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 10:35 AM Subject: tower

I have a tower I no longer need > > 15' high gives working height of 18' > > pristine condition used twice & stored in brick shed, steel > > £90 collect from Surrey > > Colin
Reply to
keith_765

must be a dwarf

Reply to
meow2222

" = inches ' = feet

I read that as 15 to 18 feet ?

would you like that in Dobly ?

Reply to
.

3', yup?

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

I think the suggestion was that standing on a platform height of 15', perhaps a normal-sized person could reach up more than a further 3 feet. An

18 foot working height would be assuming a dwarf standing on the platform.

In actual fact, I find that the stated 3' above the platform is a fairly ideal working height, particularly for heavy work ( like holding a hilti-drill ).

It is of course possible to perform work at 6' above the platform height, but it's less than ideal. Either sore arms from working overhead ( like you get after a day wiring up ceiling roses ), or you can place the boards higher up on the platform, on the top sections which normally only function as handrails. ( on some designs it may be possible to place the boards half-way up a section, so you don't loose all the height of the handrails. ) This is obviously hazardous, since you are loosing some or all of your handrail height. If you find yourself doing this often, time to buy a few more sections for the tower!

Reply to
Ron Lowe

I think that the degree of casuistry in adverts for scaffold towers is inversely proportional to their price: thus a very cheap tower will have only one height quoted - the maximum a very tall person standing on tiptoes might just be able to touch, a mid-price tower will quote two heights - the handrail height together with a moderately sensible reaching height, and an expensive tower will tell you how high the platform is. I'd guess keith_765's tower might fall in the middle category. Cheap towers tend also to be priced analogously to a ladder that requires its rungs to be bought separately.

Reply to
Autolycus

. I'd guess keith_765's tower might fall in the middle

The tower is not mine. I copied and pasted the details from "free.uk.diy.home" The person who is enquiring on this group for a tower stated he has a limited budget. Only trying to help.

Tower height 4.m 57cm , safe working 5m.95cm

Reply to
keith_765