gas fire/boiler convert

Hi out there, I want to remove a hideous gas fire which heats the water for central heating and revert to an open fire. How easy is it to take the gas fire out and put in a back boiler. All water is circulated by a fully functioning pump. Mike ????

Reply to
mike

Do you mean a combined gas fire and back-boiler unit?

I take it that by taking about the water circulation you probably do. You absolutely should not remove the gas fire without also removing its back boiler aswell.

This means that you will first need to have a new central heating boiler and all other system upgrades (see boiler choice FAQ) made. Then the fire+BBU can be removed.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The message from Ed Sirett contains these words:

Can you get condensing backboilers?

Reply to
Guy King

NO

Reply to
Awesometoday

You can remove the gas fire/back boiler unit and revert to an open fire or install a solid fuel back boiler. You can buy open fire units that include a back boiler.

roybennet

I think you might but they are relatively pricey and the condensate will very often be problematic to dispose of from a fire place location.

Reply to
Ed Sirett