Hanging wallpaper .. reverse hang alternates ?

I see on the roll of wallpaper there are instructions to reverse hang each alternate drop. The pattern is very small stripes. Not opened the roll yet and I just wondered why the reverse hang instructions.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike

Perhaps if the stripes are not quite perfectly straight, hanging them alternately averages out differences (to the eye).

Reply to
Schrodinger's cat

They have arranged it so that what you get is effectively a pattern repeat of twice the paper width, with the design mirrored about the join line.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I would be concerned that any directional texture effect would show up.

Reply to
John

Still not opened it yet, but I can see the vertical pattern lines run out on the edges ... will keep you all posted wth the result .. starting Friday.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike