Grenfell Tower - Celotex

On 25/06/2017 08:14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

///

their, their, calm down dear.
escribi?:

I know I should have done a job that didn't matter much.....

You didn't do your "responsible job" very well when you worked in Scottish building control, did you?
<http://tinyurl.com/htoklgo
"An investigation into the emergency closure of 17 schools in Edinburgh built under private finance initiative arrangements has revealed a series of other potentially fatal safety defects at PFI schools"
"Prof John Cole, a construction industry expert, said brick walls at four other schools in Scotland fell down in high winds in very similar circumstances to the collapse of an external wall at Oxgangs primary school in Edinburgh in January 2016"
"In his 250-page report to the council, Cole said the subsequent safety inspections of those schools revealed the builders had failed to make them fire safe by leaving gaps and unsealed areas which could have allowed a fire to spread unchecked"
Too busy wrecking your liver (which you got transplanted for free on the NHS), eh?
Moron.
--
(\_/)
ps: tee hee

p.s. fuck off

look fuck face no school to my knowledge in Renfrewshire (not east Renfrewshire) had a problem like that.......and I was never a drinker I'm sure you being an IT fanny can gain access to my medical records and check for youself .......but why bother you and your buddies cole and reay can just spread rumours .......p.s. you know fuck all about building......

tee hee ...
On 24/06/2017 16:20, Andrew wrote:

That is scary. If it was the right grade for that purpose it wouldn't do that - I think they need to analyse these foam samples to see which fire retardant chemistry (if any) has been used. Burning them just shows a fail and as of last night they had seen 100% failure rate of both foams and plastic core cladding. How did the fire safety standards get so bad?

There are multiple sorts about. I think the one most commonly on sale to DIY users is a variant of FR5000 - the properly fire retardant one.
The wisdom apparently has been that provided it is a block between foil to prevent access to oxygen it doesn't need to be very fire suppressed. And to be fair if it is installed as cavity insulation in between two fundamentally inert brick/breezeblock wall skins that is about true.
But install that same material against concrete with a cheap thin and also flammable rain cladding on the outside and all bets are off.
Making it 60m high also allows it to make its own updraft and things will always burn a lot better when there is forced air ventilation.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Which is why some other countries allow its use on building up to a certain height. Looks to be something like 3 stories.
--
*Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm *

On Sunday, 18 June 2017 11:17:01 UTC+1, Michael Chare wrote:

I think the answer is to have good fire alarms. Perhaps even in the loft itself and linked to the others.