Grenfell Tower - Celotex

Are you *sure* about that? It certainly has excellent fire retardant properties, but my recollection is that this is because halogen free-radicals are for some reason are very good at suppressing flames. This is the reason the old Halon type fire extinguishers were so effective.

Reply to
newshound

Instinctively I found that surprising, but I guess the howling gale up the chimney makes a lot of difference

+1

Reply to
newshound

That's not really true, they should have saved everyone. The central core should have been safe for at least a hour. The fire service should have been able to get everyone out through it. The external fire should have had no effect on the central core, or any fire in a flat.

The inquiry will have to find out why it didn't work and its not the external cladding burning that caused it. People said they couldn't see or breath shortly after the fire started not an hour later.

Reply to
dennis

+1

A wise BI will also want to check for sufficient overlap!

Reply to
newshound

One council other than Kensington & Co have said that (Camden?)

Indeed, but given the previous statements from the entire supply chain about what material has been purchased, what the fabricators say has been fabricated and pre-formed, and what the facade fitters have affixed then the BBA certificate and the manufacturers declaration of comformance are very revealing:

The Other Mike

almost every flat on every floor on fire.... no surprise .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

in theory but nothing could have withstood that fire ......one hour FR in alb conditions yes but there...no

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

Um, yes.

Insufficient caffeine.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Or the OAP puts that wedge there? And why would a drunk (or worse) go to the bother of making a wedge and using it?

But yes. I certainly would. And explain why to that drunk when he was sober.

Didn't realise you were such a wimp, dennis. And unable to reason with people because you're scared of them all.

I'd really suggest you go to a few council estates and see for yourself. Your idea that they are all filled with misfits is as far from reality as you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hope you did something about it then? No?

Hope you took them to the bins then. No?

Keeping any petrol containing vehicle indoors is something I hope you did something about there and then.

Just why were you in all these council flats, dennis? Did you live there? If so why put up with such things?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

People were phoning - crying out for help. Because there was so much smoke they couldn't leave their flat - which wasn't on fire at that time.

Don't you watch any of the news reports?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

think we will find that all the flats on fire was the result of the internal gas pipes not the cladding.

Reply to
critcher

no...just stupidity ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

are they as wild as the theories on here .....?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I would love to see you try. Assuming you could talk after removing the wedge.

I'm not scared of them but I have known people that were. I am quite sure that you would be when the big guy shoved you down the stairs.

I spent the last few years delivering drugs for the Birmingham children's hospital, I can assure you that you do not have a clue! You have about as much idea of what goes on as the queen does.

I suggest you get out and look before you spout off about stuff you know nothing of, like life.

Reply to
dennis

also, aluminium is one of the constituents of thermit welding powder.Its affinity to oxygen allows the thermit welding process to occur.

Reply to
critcher

Still shouldn't have happened.

Reply to
dennis

People wedge fire doors because theyr'e such a pita. Put them on electromagnets released by the fire alarm & the incentive to wedge them is 97% gone. But of course it costs.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

This however is a psychological miracle that has never been achieved with biological creatures. Robots might comply, if they didn't have to keep going in and out.

Hospitals (and probably fire stations) are full of ad hoc wooden door wedges, as, inexplicably, the stores won't supply them.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

When you get reports from several about people inside the flats phoning and saying they can't get out because of smoke, there's a fair chance they are accurate.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)