Glue or varnish to fix binding?

Just found a great bamboo ladder in a second-hand shop. It's perfect for the platform bed I'm building. The only thing is that the bindings are loose. I want to reinforce them with twine (I guess?), and then coat them with something - what's best? A glue of some sort? Varnish?

Mark

Reply to
Cap'n

Not entirely clear what the scanrio is, but the white PVA wood glue probably. It dries clear. Did a quick'n dirty but effective repair to our fraying rush 'Ali Baba' laundry basket recently this way.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Ditto with our log basket.

Reply to
Huge

Sounds like the kinda thing... Just to be clear: The binding is (appears to be?) thin strips of bamboo (or more likely plastic?!) holding the crosspieces into the uprights (there are holes in the uprights the crosspieces slot into. It all seems pretty sturdy except there is some 'play' where the bindings seem loose - I was just wanting to tighten 'em up.

Reply to
Cap'n