Gargling Noise in Greenstar Condensing Gas Boiler

We have a new Greenstar Condensing Gas Boiler (Worcester/Bosch) since a couple of weeks. During heavy load times, the boiler creates an annoying gargling noise, as if the condensate cannot drain for some time. This can last for an hour. Then it is quiet again.

This is not only annoying, I think the condensate is corrosive and needs to be drained, else it would attack the boiler.

Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this also? How can it be fixed?

Thanks from the Yorkshireman

Reply to
yorkshireman

We have the greenstar plus which is Ok on the gargling side, so I would think yours is not normal. Known this does not help a lot but its a start.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

No. It doesn't sound normal, other than the regular burner, integral pump (system boiler) and fan noise the ones we have are very quiet.

Is anything coming out of the condensate pipe?

It should only "batch empty" about once an hour or so to avoid freezing condensate if it just dripped out.

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
yorkshireman