Friedland wireless door bell doesn't work - wrong battery?

Hi,

I had the friedland libra d261 wireless doorbell with plug in chime working for about a 16 months until it stopped last week. The light in the bell push was not working so I assumed it was the battery. I bought a similar coin shaped 3v battery but can't get the damn thing to work.

The battery I bought is a duracell dl2025 3V battery and the one in it is Newsun CR2032 3V battery.

Does it matter that they're different?

If the doorbell is buggered can I send it back to friedland as the tlc-direct website (who I bought it from) says friedland have a 3 year warranty (of course I don't have any proof when or where I bought it!).

Cheers

Reply to
jgkgolf

How are they different?

Does the original battery have a partial plastic cover, and the new one not? Had one of these and couldn't find a suitable battery with the plastic cover, replacement battery with no cover didn't work (it was visibly shorting out something in the battery compartment) so I sliced off the cover from the old battery and put it on the new one. Worked fine.

Reply to
georgetaylor

Reply to
jgkgolf

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com formulated the question :

I had one recently which didn't like the cold weather, even when the chimes were right next to it. Remove the push and take it into the warm, then see if it works.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

They are different batteries. IIRC, the last two digits signify the thickness of the battery in 1/10ths of a mm. i.e. 2025 is 2.5mm thick, whilst 2032 is 3.2mm thick.

Some 2032 battery compartments would not connect properly with a 2025, whilst others will. 2032s are much more common than 2025s. They have significantly greater capacity in not much more space.

A folded up piece of foil may sometimes be used to thicken the 2025 enough to connect with a sensitive holder. This depends on the design.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The figures refer to the physical size:

2032 20mm dia x 3.2mm thick

2025 20mm dia x 2.5mm thick

They'll often fit to some degree with perhaps bending a sprng or packing out. Electrically they're all 3 volt, but different capacities.

Reply to
<me9