Kinked Hep2O pipe

I kninked some 22mm Hep20 pipe as I was bending it. The kink mark can be seen. The pipe is not leaking and appears OK. Will this kink degrade the pipe? Will I have to replace the length?

TIA

Reply to
timegoesby

Cut it out with a hacksaw and graft in anew section.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Although this would solve the problem by removing the section of the affeceted pipe, it doesn't answer the question about the intregrity of the kinked plastic pipe. If I have easily kinked plastic pipe many others must have done the same and must be a common thing.

Reply to
timegoesby

Look on the Hep2O website FAQ or send an e-mail to Hepworths technical department. You can remove kinks from PEX by heating it, use that the next time.

Use a pipe cutter. Only Drivel uses a hacksaw on plastic tubes; he blames the defective fittings for the subsequent leak.

Reply to
Aidan

Hard to say without seeing the kink. It may well be fine. If it's going to be enclosed I'd change it just to be comfortable.

How far did you try to bend it and was it very cold when you did?

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Defective fittings usually do leak. Duh!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I rest my case. The fittings were innocent.

Reply to
Aidan

You do carry excess baggage.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I thought it was obvious, but maybe I should have used a smiley.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq