Wireless cordless plug in door bells

I have a doorbell which only rings actually at the front door, and the bell cannot be heard in my office, so I need one of these new-fangled wireless bells!

With my previous one (Friedland) the bell push kept sticking in the "pressed" position after a while - promptly flattening the battery.

A careful search seemed to indicate that the Lloydtron model had a more resilient looking bell push, but no such luck - that only lasted 9 months, and the button is jammed irretrievably.

I see there is a Siemens model on eBay which claims to be waterproof - and ? perhaps therefore fingerproof.

Can anyone recommend any other brand which doesn't have the same potential for failure?

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

I need to add that the bell push needs to be standard width to fit on the door post.

Reply to
Keefiedee

We have had the Siemens one for just over a year now and no problems other than a battery In one of the bell pushes dying. Since replacing the battery it has worked OK, the only problem is the clips that hold the front to the back plate are rather flimsy and can easily be snapped changing batteries if a little ham fisted. Siemens replaced ours FOC.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

The Siemens I had was a nice enough wireless doorbell but it really wasn't loud enough. It definitely wasn't cheap.

We ended up with this model although it wasn't as loud as our the mains driven bell and we needed to use 4 ringer units.

feet/dp/B00HYZ635U/

Next time, I would get something louder and also easier to configure.

Reply to
pamela

No I had an altia which the local callers not only broke the moving bit of the button, but maged to break off the bracket inside the box so the whole switch assembly fell inside. at this point I got creative and had a more traditional bell push wired across the contacts, but even this bent bits of brass device eventually succumbed to the kung fu finger brigade. I'm thinking along the lines of a pull cord or one of thos old fasioned mechanically linked big buttons you got in victorian houses. Either that or jus have a motion detector in the porch? Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

A knocker? I'm sure one could design a knocker that had a switch operated as it was lifted. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

use a standard bell push and chimes by the door and then use a doorbell extender to create a wireless system. Mine is Friedland which works well and has a receiver which can be powered by battery or wallwart

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

No, but I could install it for you :-)

I got one fro ALDI on one of their offers. Exellent.

Reply to
David Lang

+1 - got one about 2 - 3 years ago, push is on a SW-facing door, so gets the rain and sun. Ringer will go about 18 months on Eneloops; push uses the 12V battery - I prefer the newer ones that use a CR2032.
Reply to
PeterC

The doorbell extender sounds a brilliant answer - many thanks.

Reply to
Keefiedee

I was in a somewhat similar position, except that the bell rang in the kitchen on the first floor. I left that bell in place, and attached a Friedland wireless master to the existing bell. Actually, I put the Friedland device on the second floor, and put the connecting wire through to the existing bell.

This has been working pretty well, with 3 wireless bells hanging on it.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy