wireless door bells

Hi I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers one for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which will not give false alarms due to interference etc. Thanks from Eddie

Reply to
Bhoy

-- Alec

Reply to
Alec

In message , Bhoy writes

Parents-in-law have a Friedland which seems to work reliably.

Reply to
chris French

I bought one with an alleged 100m range - it would not go through one wall! Make sure that you can return it in this event.

Reply to
Hzatph

Hzatph is dead right. The first 'bargain' one I bought was from Makro and was hopeless - kept going off at all hours whenever it felt like it. Rarely get to Makro and couldn't be arsed to take it back.

Current one is from B&Q, mid range in price. Bought it there precicely so I could return it if it played up. It's been perfect.

Just had a look, no manufacturers name on the unit, but it wasn't B&Q own label. About £20 IIRC?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Bhoy laid this down on his screen :

I would suggest that none of the modern ones with presetable codes should suffer false alarms. I can recommend the Friedland one with 100m range.

This has a large choice of codes which you set to match at both the chime and bell push. Two (or more) of these set to the same code would allow you to have several chimes activated from one door button, plus if needed one button at the front door and one at the back. A switch inside the button allows you to change the chime notes produced so you can differentiate between front and back door button presses.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Who sells Friedland ones these days? B&Q only seem to have Byron bells, and I'd like an additional receiver/bell for an existing Friedland one.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

That's what I thought when I bought my el cheapo one. Changing the codes didn't stop it going off by itself at all hours.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Frank Erskine has brought this to us :

The wholesalers do still sell them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Thanks.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yes - we have these and they work well. Our furthest one is about 20M from the bell and with 2/3 walls in the way - works just fine. Can't remember but I thought there was a 200M version? Perhaps we have one of those... I remember thinking they were a bit on the expensive side...

The Maplin ones were really, really bad. Some wouldn't work more than 5M with direct line of sight. They were advertised as up to 20M. The best I managed with the four I purchased was 12.5M.

Roy

Reply to
RzB

Hi,

TLC direct do. GIYF ;)

cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete C

This may be bad news...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks.I think it's the Libra which we have :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine