Wireless door bells

Anyone know where I could get hold of a wireless doorbell with one push, but two ringer units?

CPC had them, but now discontinued. Tried TLC & SF.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman was thinking very hard :

Could you not buy two identical bell + push kits which are designed to be paired, then just pair both bells to the one push?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Most of the new ones are digital so just buy two and set them to the same code. Argos have some twin packs or a home and garden one: Friedland Home and Garden Kit.

003/3651

Owain

Reply to
Owain

ebay 230395683549

Reply to
brass monkey

or 2 buttons and 1 chime - 350155333788

Reply to
brass monkey

Thanks, but plug in/thru are no good.

Thats the opposite to what I want. I need 1 button, 2 chimes.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Never though of Argos, cheers.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Owain pretended :

The code setting finished long ago, they use a pairing procedure instead.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The original Lidl unit worked fine but the ringer unit was so far from the bellpush that callers complained they couldn't hear the tune. Figured the Tx/Rx frequencies would be identical, so when they next turned up I just bought two more identical sets and placed one ringer in the kitchen near the door to give visitor 'sidetone' and the other two ringers in the furthest parts of the house. (with individual melodies :)

Reply to
john

Since the connection is one-way, there's no reason a push can't be paired up with multiple ring units...

I bought some wirless units off TLC recently and although we just have the one ringer, I did consider a 2nd and the thought that it wouldn't work didn't occur to me...

The pairing procedure is fairly trivial too - you set the ringer to "listen" then push the button.. I suspect they just listen for the next button being pushed and remember that buttons code.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Dave

Are the doorbells for you or do you really have a customer that is so useless that you get paid to install a wireless doorbell?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Even getting things out of blister-packs can be difficult for older people with arthriticky fingers.

Anyway, you wouldn't object if some dumb blonde asked you to give her a ding-dong in two rooms of the house.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It is strange what the old folks can and cannot do when they want to.

I remember visiting my Grandma who suffered from arthritis and could hardly walk and was unable to stand without help. I knocked down and killed a rabit on the journey to her house. She skinned, gutted and cooked the rabbit in no time. I could even see a glint of life twinkling behind her cataracts whilst her supposedly useless hands ripped the fur from the meat.

No I would not object.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Bought one from B&Q a few months back, came with 2 ringers, a plug in one, and a battery powered one ... can't recall the make (at work now) 'bout =A315 ...

Reply to
Jethro

I can confirm that this works. For example all Friedland 'Evo' and 'Decor' wireless chimes are compatible; you can use one bell push with as many receivers as you like.

TLC order code VE D426E gives you one bell push and two receivers (one plug-in and one battery) but you can mix-and-match the other products so long as you don't mind ending up with - and paying for - surplus pushes!

Richard.

reply by email change 'news' to my forename.

Reply to
Richard Russell

You don't take after her at all, do you?

You'd even help her put the batteries in.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I have had a customer who couldn't fit a sink plug to a chain :-)

Its a local phone shop in a mall. Amongst other things they asked me to install a bell on the back door for delivery drivers - which I did - a wired one. They now tell me that they want to be able to hear it in the shop and in the office area - wiring would be a PITA.

I'll have to go & remove the old bell anyway & credit then for it (and mark up the new one to cover it).

Not so much useless as can't be arsed.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Which is probably not such a bad thing. Since the push is outdoors 24/7 in all weathers it's probably the most likely part of the system to fail so a spare or two could be handy.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

No. She thought that Mary Whitehouse made valid points.

Indeed I would. And I did far more for my Grandma

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Here is a wireless doorbell with two ringer units, one for in, one for out:

in case you are interested, here is a wind-up doorbell, no power except elbow grease required. We've had one of these for years, the sound nearly brings the house down:

someone