Wireless door bells

Why credit them? It's used goods.

You could fit a relay into the existing bell circuit to activate the wireless push.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I used these recently:

wire into "period" type bell push & pull units.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Does that not scare you?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I quite like it :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

far better than the namby pamby electric bells and as for the electronic things...

As my Grandfather died in 1969 things may have chnaged since then, think along the lines of "they don't make 'em like they used to" but I'd love to be proved wrong. But looking at the About Us I don't think they are a small family company that has been making doorbells since 19 somthing or other to the same basic design and specification that just simply work.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Why - the battery life of a non mains one is quite poor as the receiver is permanently on to listen for an incoming signal.

Reply to
John

Not so sure about that. We've had a Friedland one for 5 years now and are only on our third set of batteries, though I expect to need the fourth set within the next month or so. At a couple of AA cells a time that's not so bad.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Challenge that - we've a wireless one that works off two D cells to ring a normal type door bell - (none of this ponsy chime stuff here !), and I've just had to change them after 5 years. OK D cells have a lot of capacity but that is still good value in that the bell can be taken anywhere in the house, garden or workshop.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

So Dave can charge them again to change the batteries:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Cos there is nowhere to plug one of them in :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman