Free or inexpensive software for making plumbing schematics?

Hello,

Looking for nice simple software for making plumbing schematics.

Nothing fancy or 3D. Just a plumbing equivalent of TinyCAD

which is fabulous for electrical and electronic circuit diagrams.

Any suggestions?

David

Reply to
Vortex11

basically html5 Visio, so it works in a browser platfrom independent, valves in process eng library symbols, or suppose use any blocks of choosing and provide a key.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

For a PC, I use DraftSight The 2D version is free. There are online libraries for symbols of all types, and forum support. Although it's no big deal to make your own.

But should say I still far prefer ProCAD+ on this ancient RISC OS machine. Draftsight is the closest to it for a PC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But planning plumbing is a 3D activity ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I seem to have managed to make working and theoretical drawings for all that sort of thing with only 2D. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So do you have a plan-view and an elevation-view and have to keep them in sync? Genuine question ... I've installed CAD software for people over the years, but never knew how to draw so much as a square with any of them until SketchUp came along ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes. Same as you'd do by hand.

I have the great disadvantage that I simply can't draw or sketch by hand. So have been using various computer progs to do this for many a year.

Use it quite a bit for schematics. Especially the sort where you don't find standard symbols easily. Something like this.

It's a JPEG of a vector drawing so image quality suffers somewhat. The original can be re-sized to anything with no degrading.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)