Today I borrowed....

..SWMBO's disability scooter - I had to, I had a large and bleeding blister on my heel from walking too far yesterday. I couldn't walk in shoes and I needed to let the pharmacist take a look at it, as advised by my local surgery - who were swamped out with customers...

I felt a bit of a fraud, but its amazing how many more people speak to you as you wizz past lol

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I used a wheelchair in Sainsers once, after surgery on my left large toe meant I couldn't walk more than few yards. An odd experience.

Reply to
Huge

My son has a wheelchair for when he gets too tired to walk (special needs, BPD, hypertonia) but thankfully his leg brace is usually all he needs . Once took him to hospital to have his foot looked at (totally unrelated to his 'condition')he couldn't really walk so I took him in his wheelchair.

Had to change buses and when I went to take him on the second bus there was someone in the wheelchair spot, after this spot taker arguing with the bus driver he moved and let us on. Just got settled and son came out with the "dad will I get up and sit over there" I went very red faced and thought "no you will stay where you bloody well are and not give that chappie another chance to shout the odds".

Reply to
soup

Reminds me of this scene from "In Sickness and In Health", where Alf Garnett has borrowed his wife's wheelchair so he can watch the football match from the front of the stand...

Andrew Gabriel