Everyone can laugh or try to say told you so

Everyone can laugh or try to say I told you so, but to clarify all this bru-ha ha about my posting and not understanding the rules and running away and resenting someone pointing out obvious rules...................(before I slip back behind the shrubbery to get my head and ass wired together again), I KNOW the rules. I was severely reminded about them a few times when I was a newbie to the newsgroup when I accidentally wrote in capitals. (I capitalize to emphasize my tonal inflections if you haven't figured that out by now with how I write, and by the way, I talk like I write. I'm fulla words)

I tried to explain that my feelings were hurt. Not because I was reminded about the rules, I actually appreciated the explaination. I am an explaination kinda person. I'll tell you why if you give me a chance in real life. I am an explanitory kinda person. It's who I am. Because I am an only child and always had to give an explaination. In detail.

I was hurt because I was accused of being selfish. If I misunderstood the accusation, then I was wrong. My feelings lately have been on edge. And I tend to care way more than I should. But I can't change the spots on this leopard. Or maybe it's the stripes on this zebra grass...........ANYWAY, I have read all the responses and comments and miscontruing and misunderstanding and misreading and I will say this. I changed my format and font because I had no idea that posting in Comic Sans MS was taking up so much band width. I had no idea. I posted the JPG because I was trying to share and be nice. I have also in the past told everyone on the newsgroup if they wanted to put an actual picture to my words and descriptions to e-mail me personally because my e-mail address isn't a mystery. It's never been a mystery. I've always had it right out there for anyone and everyone to see and respond back to me with.

I am a giving person. I am a good person. I never said you accused me of being a bad person, I just said I was hurt because I was hinted at being selfish and told it might be fun following me around a buffet. You might actually enjoy following me around a buffet. I don't know. If that's your humor relief, have at it. I made the sarcastic remark about the anal thing because I felt I was being chided a bit harshly about a simple thing. Just asking me to not post the JPG would have been good, and the explaination of why would have been great. Saying I was selfish was a bit too far, but you're entitled to call me or anyone else anything you want to. It's the beauty of this newsgroup. It's not censored. I love that. It makes me feel that I'm still sorta free and have free speech.

The trowel and other things was my way of being "funny". I am not running away or leaving because of you, Janet hit it on the head. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with my life and all the soap opera crap (and everyone has it, to more or less degree's, just ask IGROWROCKS sometime about the drama in my life, it's truely amazing, she ended a friendship of one year with me because she was appaled at the "crap that you say is happening to you") I hated to lose her friendship but sometimes they pass by briefly. she bestowed something to me that still means the world to me and I love her for it, even if she doesn't speak to me or aknowledge me anymore. You move on. And that's what I'm gonna do. Move on. I can't stay away from this newsgroup for too long because I really care and miss the people here. I just need to pull back and try to get my life together. It was just timing.

And that's all I have to say about that. From here, take it where you will. I know the rules, I broke some of them, but like I said, I'm grown and sometimes I screw up. I still won't apologize, nor should anyone feel they have to because I don't expect it. I wouldn't judge you. But that's just me. This gardening chatroom is what keeps me informed, and reminds me that we all share something with each other no matter where we are, be it apartment, house, farm or rooftop walk up. Scotland or New Zealand, Texas or Eastern Tennessee or Canada. We garden. We share that commonality and that makes us kindred spirits who believe in horticulture in whatever form it takes with the individual. I always said that gardeners are basically honest and giving and good people because we garden and keep things living, or learn from mistakes. That's all part of life after all.

I'll see ya'll soon. (and no this didn't count LOL )

madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

It's nice to see you've stuck around.

You have always seemed to be a very introspective person. So am I. We both sometimes forge ahead, and express everything our thoughts -- all of them. And that can provide a lot of reading, and evoke a lot of other comments from other people. And sometimes I self-impose a posting hiatus on myself, too. (Not as often as some others would like, I'm sure.)

Plenty of folks miss you when you're gone, but we all need to recharge once in a while. I hope your respite eased any angst.

Reply to
Warren

The first rule you have to keep in mind when posting to newsgroups is that you just have to be thick-skinned and not let anything get to you, because you will *always* run into people on newgroups that are combative, know-it-all, juvenile, vulger, or just plain rude. If you let things like that get to you, newsgroups are guaranteed to be a negative experience. If you decide ahead of time that you're not going to let it bother you, then they can be a somewhat positive experience. = )

steve

Reply to
Steve Wolfe

This is just a FYI for everyone.

If you would like to make a word *bold* just put an asterisk (uppercase

8) before and after the word.

To /italicize/ a word put a forward slash (lowercase ?) before and after the word.

To _underline_ a word put an underscore (uppercase hyphen or dash) before and after the word.

Reply to
Travis

Reply to
madgardener