EVs causing potholes ?

Indeed it did. Phenolic resin as per 'bakelite' and other early plastics..

Paracetamol still comes from coal apparently.

The world tends to use what is cheap and available. Coal fly-ash is great for making building blocks, if a little radioactive...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Chemical feedstock I expect, for a variety of industries including dyes and medicines.

Most people don't know that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Or below the road structure, like sinkholes caused by leaking pipes or underground springs bubbling into life after exceptionally heavy rain.

drive west along the M4 from London and for the first 40 miles or so you will come across repairs that are already sagging where a fault seems to be occurring well below the road structure

Reply to
Andrew

In New Zealand a lot of back roads are simply graded compacted earth that is then tar-sealed with aggregate chips spread on top.

Reply to
Andrew

Yes it is. A rat run through my village last year wrecked the roads that were suddenly being used by A road traffic.

In December the route was scalped and resurfaced all through that wet period. They only abandoned work on one day of heavy rain but after scalping the top 2 inches off, what was exposed was given a spray of hot bitumen to glue any loose stuff then a new 2 to 3 inch top coat of hot tarmac was laid.

Reply to
Andrew

Malaena Stool. You need to see your GP PDQ

Reply to
Andrew

That's what they used to do when I lived in WA except they left out the sealing bit.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Rod Speed

Melaena. Get your shit right. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Of course you're not going to share your knowledge maintaining your superiority.

Reply to
Dave W

Yawn. What do you think this thread has been about?

If you fail to learn from what has been posted, there is nothing I can tell you that will help

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is that why the "tyre extinguishers" are now targetting EVs as well as ICE SUVs?

Andy Burns

Linked in the above url:

“A university has become the first in the UK to introduce a climate emergency course, following a campaign by students. The online course is being piloted at the University of the West of England.”
Reply to
Spike

What if they find there is no climate emergency, after all?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What has reality got to do with the climate-change industry? ;-)

Reply to
Spike

Fair point....:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Meconium if you're very young.

Reply to
Max Demian

That's green, not black.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

# Keep spendin' most our lives livin' in the righttard's paradise

Reply to
Steve

Somehow I have a feeling that isn't what they will find.

Reply to
Joe