EU survey on appliances and right to repair

"When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean ? neither more nor less." And you know what happened to the character who said that.

Reply to
Max Demian

I had to look that up. I didn't realise he'd starred in anything other = than the wall.

-- =

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

well they are

if they're near worn out they can get a bit slow. Otherwise they're impressively quick.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Nowadays they've migrated to cars. There are still lots in use at home though.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

No, I was stating fact. I realise that can confuse some.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

To the rest of us, valve included thermionic diodes, magnetrons, klystrons & various others as well as triodes, tetrodes, pentodes, hexodes & pentagrids. There was even a valve IC, the Loewe.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

lol

Yes we had Russian TVs here.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I saw LED on small screens like phones and satnavs well before TVs. Presumably to extend battery life.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I was asking what dual standard is. What is it?

What make?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Look how he seeks validation by a prrof by assertion that there is a majority 'us', of which he is but a humble member.

Well no, to the rest of us valve does NOT include klystrons magnetrons and vaccum tube displays.

No doubt you will want to add in Xray machines, crookes tubes, Geiger tubes, decatrons and cyclotrons and linear beam accellerators and indeed anything containing a partial vacuum and an electron emitter.

Oh dear. That probably includes most solid state devices too..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dinky new format ones here!..

and IOT's in digital TV transmitters and TWT's it does go on...

Reply to
tony sayer

so once again you make some balls up and claim it's my pov. What a time waster.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Who keeps deleting the bloody quotations? How am I meant to work out which of you is an idiot if I can't see context?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

yes, but at daft price. At least it has come down a good bit.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

at daft prices though. At least they've fallen from what they were.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Or you could just admit it's last century's technology and use semiconductors?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

"...delivers the same audio with rich overtones as a conventional valve amplifier ...it even 'glows' like the original."

Reply to
Max Demian

According to a colleague in the know, they tried them and they are crap.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Some people are stuck in the past.

Reply to