EU survey on appliances and right to repair

Wouldn't entertain such junk..

Nope apart from a 2 pin foreign but there are some decent click on 13 amp plugs for those..

No and Nope!...
And seeing that we use a lot of kettle leads just change the lead anyway!
--
Tony Sayer

βœ–
ote:

e.net>

wrote:

foot.com>

tube TV.

icult to

rn shit."

n old

ost of

be

how you

.
re

gs take

. There

think

need

telling

would

ou trying

head

th a

It depends what you need it for. Why buy a £100 tool you're only going to use once when the £20 one will last long enough.

You're so lazy.

You're very unusual, most people have to replace stuff. For example I changed the wire on my vacuum cleaner because I yanked it.

Those only work for computers and kettles.
-- Interesting fact number 923: Half the world's population has seen at least one Bond movie.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I tend to buy such as Makita and the like and its quite surprising once you have decent pro tools they come in handy again and gain:)..

Nope, there're fine and work well RS components and Farnell sell them..

The buy a decent vac! the Miele we have has its mains cable on an extending reel so you can pull it and it does absorb the shock:)

And a lot of other equipment hi-fi being one..
--
Tony Sayer

βœ–

e head

ed to

with a

oing to use

It all depends if you're going to do that kind of work again. Let's say you build a small retaining wall for a raised flowerbed and you'll never do bricklaying again in your entire life. Why buy an expensive cement mixer?

3
.
And normal plugs are fine too, I really don't have a problem wiring a mains plug. They're so simple in comparison with other connectors for data etc.

I changed

Pay more just so the wire doesn't break? Anyway, nothing can prevent damage due to a mistake. What if you damage the middle of the wire by rubbing it against some brickwork? What if a cat chews it?

Really? Those are usually hard wired or use figure of 8 connectors. You don't need a 10 amp connector for a stereo. Or are you talking PA systems or big Marshall amps for stage use?
-- Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Most decent Hi-Fi etc uses an IEC mains connector.
--
*Born free - taxed to death *

βœ–

Bullshit, I've seen plenty stereos for £200 ish, so not cheap shit, that are hard wired. In fact they all were except maybe one or two with a figure of 8 connector. It's utterly pointless using an IEC when the system only draws an amp.
-- There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those that want to get ahead, and those that just want to get head.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You might just read up on the benefits of earthing sound equipment.
--
*Many people quit looking for work when they find a job *

βœ–
se.co.uk> wrote:

s.

g PA

that

My non-earthed sound equipment works perfectly. Why fix what isn't broken?
-- A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat. "Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?" "What" answers the waiter, "You want it to fall on the floor again?"
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm sure your 200 quid system is just perfect.
--
*Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.

βœ–

Why would anyone spend over £200 on something that only produces sound? TVs and computers get the big bucks spent, they make pictures too. And yes, I get excellent sound from my £200 system. And it's loud enough to be heard in the garden when the double glazing is closed.
-- Judi: "Hon, what is my love worth to you?" Amanpreet: "Am I buying, or selling?"
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 18 May 2018 12:10:30 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"

Because it produces better quality sound. Simples.
--
<insert witty sig here>

Add pictures here
βœ–

se.co.uk> wrote:

und?

Yeah right, you'll be telling me LPs are better than CDs next.
Explain this to me, why on earth would an IEC connector improve sound? You get better sound with a better amplifier and better speakers, not IEC connectors and gold RCA jacks. You really are gullible.
-- Sex drive: a physical craving that begins in adolescence and ends at marriage.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 18 May 2018 12:41:27 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"

No. They're just different.

You're talking to the wrong person here. I've not mentioned IEC connectors or gold RCA jacks.
--
<insert witty sig here>

Add pictures here
βœ–

net> wrote:

oise.co.uk> wrote:

't

sound?

That's illogical. They're either closer to the original sound or further away.

? You get better sound with a better amplifier and better speakers, not IEC connectors and gold RCA jacks. You really are gullible.

I was talking to the group. The offending person is free to answer this part.
-- The probability that a given thread has degenerated into a pissing contest is directly proportional to its number of replies.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 18/05/18 13:04, Mark wrote:

Gold RCA jacks have some justification.
I have personally seen on a test rig what a corroded silver to silver contact could do to distortion. Chrome plated RCA however rather than zinc is probaly just fine
--
There’s a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

I've never seen any contact corroded. Just how damp is it where you live?
--
In light of the Madrid bombing, France has raised its terror alert level from "run" to "hide."
The only two higher levels in France are "surrender" and "collaborate."
On Saturday, 19 May 2018 11:11:42 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

that's what gold plate is for, situations where corrosion may occur. Otherwise it's of no use.
NT
Add pictures here
βœ–

They use it on memory chips in computers. Not sure why they would corrode. I always thought it was less resistance at very high frequencies, so not really necessary for audio.
https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/4895/4895506_sa.jpg
--
You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Saturday, 19 May 2018 18:41:35 UTC+1, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

gold is higher R than copper.
NT
Add pictures here
βœ–

Google says it's to do with oxidation. I guess there must be a lot of people with computers and stereos in rainforests with 100% humidity.
--
My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

Add pictures here
βœ–