Electrical fitting, what is it called?

With, say, a standard lamp the bulb holder is fitted on top of the column. It goes on to a male threaded fitting 10mm or 1/2" dia through which the cable passes. What is the latter fitting called?

mark

Reply to
mark

A boss?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Threaded bush or a nipple

there are several different threads to fit the lampholder end

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Such fantastic web design, dozens of megapixel images shrunk to 1" square, I bet it loads really quickly on the PC they edit in on ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

6m 12s to load on a 2Mbps ADSL line :-(
Reply to
Andy Burns

Useful looking site, but really needs to be structured better. The page at the link above contains 181 images, about 36Mbytes altogether. I went off and made a cuppa while it downloaded.

Reply to
Tim Streater

181 images, in fact; so well over 200Mbytes in total. The notion of low-res images seems to escape some people.
Reply to
Tim Streater

Sorry, yes, I meant to mention the slow loading next to the link.

I thought the 'retro' style was down to the tabular layout; subconsciously it was probably reminiscent of Web 1.1 in dial-up days.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thanks for the replies. There will be more on this! I am hoping to make some lamps out of quirky items. Need to source these quirky items when carboots start-up again.

mark

Reply to
mark