EDF have changed billing from quarterly to monthly

Have they put you on a new account - i.e. one which begins with an "A"?

Reply to
David

Yes. That was the 10 June payment I referred to. Before that all payments were on the previous 12 digit number account.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Thanks for the info. I'll leave it a few more days before submitting a formal complaint.

Reply to
David

I have emailed them today asking them if they are going to continue to send emails requesting a meter reading by d/mm/yy, being the cutoff date for quarterly billing.

Somehow I suspect they are no longer going to bother and simply force estimated bills on all the smart meter refuseniks

Reply to
Andrew

I received an email telling me of the changes, i.e. new account, monthly billing, etc. They also added that they would request a meter reading, if none was forthcoming they would send an estimated bill.

Never received the meter reading email - just got an estimated bill a couple of days after being informed of the change.

Has anyone else experienced BACS payment problems since the changes?

Reply to
David

What do you mean by BACS though ?. Is this via your MyAccount section on their website, where payments can be made directly, or using their automated telephone payment number ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Nothing to do with EDF's MyAccount or their automated telephone payment system.

BACS is the system whereby you instruct your bank to make a payment to a recipient's account using their sort code and account number. Normally it takes a couple of hours to appear in the recipient's account.

The banks will now check their system to ensure that the sort code and account number corresponds to the intended recipient.

Reply to
David

Payment is now showing as received. Only two weeks for a payment that should have taken a couple of hours. Ho Hum.

Reply to
David

I would like to know if this a scam from other sources. I'm getting emails starting with "Hello EDF ...". I don't remember seeing this before from EDF. Also, when I tried to pay on MyAccount on the EDF website, I was asked for my Debit Card details. Why? When they already have them. Their website seems in some ways a little different now. I mentioned this in a reply to their email and they said I could pay through the bank and they gave me their "... new " Sort Code and Account number. This is why I'm asking is this a scam from other sources. Am I paranoid. Anyway I've asked them to send me future bills by post again.

Reply to
MPalmer

It isn't a scam (well, any more than the way that all energy suppliers screw us...).

EDF's new email address is snipped-for-privacy@edfenergy.com. Everyone has a new account number with them, which takes the form of A-XXXXXXXX, where X could be a number or capital letter, rather than the previous 12-number account (starting with 67). Also, EDF has changed their bank account name, sort code and account number, so you'll have to bear that in mind however you pay them. I've no idea why they asked for your debit card details when they already have them (unless they've lost them).

No, you're not paranoid. It's well worth being very suspicious when the requirements for payments you've made for years suddenly change without warning.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Thanks. Now I feel a little safer. I have got them to send me the bills now through the post but I'll probaly revert back to paperless once I know that they are getting my money and nobody else.

Reply to
MPalmer

I've just received a notification of "exciting changes" to my "deemed" EDF electricity account, including a change from three monthly to monthly billing. No valid explanation of why, except that they think it will "be really helpful for managing [my] overall budget".

I haven't been asked to change to "paperless" billing.

(They've also changed my account number and I will have to change my bank transfer details.)

Reply to
Max Demian

I'm still on six monthly.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Me too. The previous postings on this thread have been meaningless to me.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Your days are numbered. I think it is a ploy to force more of the refuseniks to get a smart meter if they are going to have to send a meter reading every month to avoid an estimated bill.

Reply to
Andrew
*Never received the meter reading email - just got an estimated bill a couple of days after being informed of the change.*

That was my experience as well.

I have been submitting quarterly meter readings for many years without any issue. I got locked out trying to login today - when I called EDF I was told that a password reset takes *24 hours* to take effect. Having spent 25 years designing/writing software I've never come across a system where a password reset wasn't realtime.

Reply to
Lisa