Dyson DC24 pcb.

My mother's Dyson DC24 brushbar motor has died and clearly all is not well with the pcb that supplies it.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xjc6jvh717ihvk9/AAAicgDUYsfS11JhqdzRNo0Ga?dl=0
Does this look repairable and if so, who would be able to do it in Glasgow?
I only really want it as a spare as fortunately the brushbar was replaced 11 months ago as part of a major service and is still under warranty.
Haven't had any luck finding just the pcb as a spare on line. Interesting, the previous design of pcb had a resettable thermal cut out (that this one lacks) where R5, 6 & 7 are.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 15:57:16 UTC, Tim+ wrote:

Is it just R1 faulty? If so, any electronic repairer.
NT
     snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

I couldn't find another picture of that board on the web, to see what value it was.
There's a chance that's just a symptom of some other fault, so it's worth checking a few other things, such as motor not jammed or shorted, rectifier diodes not shorted, etc. However, the component itself will only cost pence, once you find out what it was.
Look to see if you have a local Repair Cafe, Restart Project, or Hack Space. This is exactly the sort of thing we repair at such events.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 19:35:09 UTC, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

It's likely to be the result of something else, but is so cheap & easy to do I'd replace it & see first.

NT

Nor me. :-(

Indeed, that had crossed my mind.

Nothing like that in my town (that I know of).
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Why oh why do people waste money on these overpriced unreliable pieces of shit? Buy a normal vacuum cleaner, for a price where you can throw it in the bin if it fails.
--
Collectively, humans have spent almost 13,261 years watching the Gangnam Style video.