Dyson DC24 pcb.

My mother's Dyson DC24 brushbar motor has died and clearly all is not well with the pcb that supplies it.

Does this look repairable and if so, who would be able to do it in Glasgow?

I only really want it as a spare as fortunately the brushbar was replaced

11 months ago as part of a major service and is still under warranty.

Haven't had any luck finding just the pcb as a spare on line. Interesting, the previous design of pcb had a resettable thermal cut out (that this one lacks) where R5, 6 & 7 are.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Is it just R1 faulty? If so, any electronic repairer.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I couldn't find another picture of that board on the web, to see what value it was.

There's a chance that's just a symptom of some other fault, so it's worth checking a few other things, such as motor not jammed or shorted, rectifier diodes not shorted, etc. However, the component itself will only cost pence, once you find out what it was.

Look to see if you have a local Repair Cafe, Restart Project, or Hack Space. This is exactly the sort of thing we repair at such events.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It's likely to be the result of something else, but is so cheap & easy to do I'd replace it & see first.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Nor me. :-(

Indeed, that had crossed my mind.

Nothing like that in my town (that I know of).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Why oh why do people waste money on these overpriced unreliable pieces of shit? Buy a normal vacuum cleaner, for a price where you can throw it in the bin if it fails.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword