Dyson

Before I do some DIY, do Dyson still do a reasonably priced service on a DC07?

Motor is intermittent and sounding like serious arcing.

The used to do a service call where various bits and bobs would get replaced.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Dyson have bever doneanything reasonably priced.

Brushes fscked.

Are you anywhere nesareast Anglia?

VacsRus are really good on fixing die soons. Bury st edmunds

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

needs brushes most likely. they're cheap. There might also be commutator damage needing work - not too hard to do, but not as trivial as new brushes.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Not observed the motor running - It stopped working - then it ran - but with a burping type sound as I guess is was sparking badly.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Depends how long it has been run that way. If its only for a little while then the damage is probably minor, but if its been doing it for a while replace the whole motor, same goes for most machines. They don't build motors like they used to with almost solid brass commutator sections.

grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

just look at brush & commutator faces. They should be mostly smooth. You may need to file the commutator if it's a mess.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr