Dryline Pro - Plasterboard Wall Fixings & Anchors

?Toolstation are now stocking these

like the answer to a maidens prayer, hanging radiators & TV's on dot n' dab walls.

Not cheap @ £7.45 for a pack of 8 (93p a pop) or £24.95 for 50 (50p a pop).

Anyone tried them?

I've just ordered an 8 pack to try them & will report back.

-- Dave - The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman

Unless I misunderstand the concept, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of benefit over using a block plug and a drywall plug in combination. You still have to drill two holes with different bits (hole in plasterboard and another into the blocks/bricks/etc). Once you've done that is it much more effort to shove a regular wallplug into the block and a drywall plug in front, and then use a regular screw?

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

In article , The Medway Handyman writes

Not tried but looks like an excellent idea, I can't see any flaws.

Reply to
fred

Only one drilling operation as far as I can see. They give you two drill bits (both the same size) - one for use in soft blocks, and one for masonry. I am sure either will make a hole in PB.

Reply to
John Rumm

I can't see any advantage other than it being easier to line up the screw.

Are they supposed to stop you crushing the PB into the void or something?

What happens when the hole hits the blob behind and there isn't a void?

What use are they when they are only 80 mm long? It doesn't give much length into a poor fixing material if its concrete blocks behind the PB.

Reply to
dennis

I'm not sure I see how different these are to the fixings that I used from B&Q. I went for 120mm fixings, though, as I was going through 55mm polyfoam insulated plasterboard.

interested though, as even now, I am petrified about hanging things from such insulated walls. And still just as expensive.

Reply to
JW

That's one of the features - you are tightening the screw against the primary fixing and not against the wall - so you can't "pull in" the plasterboard.

No different - you just get a bit more shear support from the blob.

That still allows 50mm+ in the block - the thickness of the item you are fixing does not detract from that either since there is a separate fixing screw.

Reply to
John Rumm

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

I've done similar using a long Rawlplugged frame fixer screw and a packing piece, cutting out a penny sized hole in the p'bd so the surface fixing can sit flush and pull up to finished face.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Frame fixing anchors. I was thinking the same, and they're generally cheaper and come in a variety of lengths. I recently used some to hang a radiator on a "dot and dab" wall.

Reply to
Fredxx

Ooops. I missed the bits!

Reply to