DPD

Has DPD's tracking become a little less good?
Previously when the van rolled out of the depot (usually between 8:30 and 9:00am) it texted you the details of the one hour delivery slot, and the driver's name.
Today I've just had a text from them telling me that by 11am they'll tell me when the one hour slot is ... less useful than the old way.
Andy Burns wrote:

Maybe it's snafu with this particular delivery ...
A couple of hours ago the tracking showed Durham->Hinckley->Glenfield but now it's showing as still in Hinckley with a status of "there's a delay with your parcel".

They've lost it ;-(
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On Tuesday, 20 August 2019 09:43:17 UTC+1, charles wrote:

Or in aeronautical terms, they're temporarily unaware of its position.
Owain
charles wrote:

It became Schrödinger's parcel for an hour (different tracking links showing it in different depots at the same time) supposedly it's now out for delivery ... in fact the van is 300 yards away on delivery #13, but I'm #51, so no doubt it'll go sailing past the top of the road :-/
charles wrote:

not far wrong ... the batteries and charger arrived, but the item itself did not :-(

twice recently I've been sent a time slot and they've arrived much earlier. Once I timed my day to be in for their slot to get home and found a card in the door!
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 09:32:03 +0100, charles wrote:

That's odd, unless the driver is fiddling the delivery time some how. Around here if they arrive early they wait outside for the delivery window to open, then ring the door bell less than a minute into it. Not just DPD either.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 11:00:37 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I had that with AO and our washing machine. They said they'd be 0700-0900. The doorbell rang on the dot of 0700; we'd alreday seen them parked up the road.

Was that definitely DPD? I heard that their systems don’t allow for early delivery. Drivers have to wait as their terminals won’t accept a customer signature before the allotted time.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 9:43:17 AM UTC+1, charles wrote:

Happened me. Email said delivery between 9:00 and 10:00. Card through door said they tried delivering at 8:10 and failed so could I collect it from their depot. P.I.T.A.
On 20/08/2019 08:32, Andy Burns wrote:

IIUC there are a number of options that can be selected by the sender. So you don't always get exactly the same tracking in all cases.

Yup that is what I usually get with web based orders from one of my suppliers. However if I order by phone, then our accounts manager has to explicitly request that level of tracking - otherwise we don't get the texts.

I have noticed there are also differences between the way it works with the DPD Local (blue logo vans) and DPD national (red logo) vans.
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 12:10:01 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

DPD Blue is (was) Interlink. They still use the legacy Interlink tracking system.
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:32:45 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Is that Blue or Red?
Bob Eager wrote:

Red.
The confusion seems to have been caused by the sender dispatching two consignments each with one item, rather than one consignment with two items ...
Bob Eager wrote:

I haven't had a blue delivery before, but I have one due today, clearly they use [another instance of?] the same tracking system, they share a depot, presumably they use the same lorries to trunk stuff between depots ... makes you wonder what is the point of the red/blue split?
On 23/08/2019 08:06, Andy Burns wrote:

DPD Local (Blue) was Interlink, they seem to have bought the assets but not the brand, so have no right to the branding after a transition period. They share deliveries even down to the driver/van level. I assume the split is so they can use the good DPD brand while still leaving some distinction incase the integration goes badly. My DPD deliveries used to come from Exeter, they now come from Taunton, for a while the Taunton deliveries were 'blue' and less than satisfactory, they are now in the 'red' branding and much better.
--
djc