Fedex in the night.

The FEDEX website says that a package destined for me today, Friday, is "out for delivery", "on the road", "on Fedex vehicle for delivery" this morning, at 3:47, from a location within the Baltmore city limits. They can reach me in 30 minutes, maybe 45 and just about any other address in Baltimore in less than an hour, especially in the middle of the night when there is no traffic.

For me they say by the end of the day, but predict between 11:10am and

3:10pm.

But the truck is out for delivery!!

Are they really going to be delivering things at 4:30 in the morning? Won't people get annoyed, or scared, if they hear footsteps on the porch at 4:30 in the morning?

If not delivery, what are they going to do between now and dawn?

This is not a special order. Just a regular Home Depot order.

Reply to
micky

It's on the delivery truck and is officially out for delivery but the drivers all go out for breakfast every morning. The first delivery might not be until 10am.

Reply to
Ben Verified - ✅

It is probably when they scanned it into the truck.

Reply to
Bob F

It is. Some stops on a small truck can take over 45 minutes. Freight truck is quicker as there may be 26 pallets instead of 300 small boxes.

Reply to
Thomas