Dishwasher will not drain

"Steve Mallinson" wrote

Any thoughts on why a 6 month old Ariston dishwasher refuses to drain? The > drain hose isn't kinked and it has been professionally plumbed in. I can > hear a humming when the washer is supposed to drain, like a solenoid or > something that isn't doing what it should. The filters are clean - in fact > the machine failed when I used a dishwasher cleaning product - any > connection, or coincidence?

maybe something got dislodged by the cleaning process and blocked the pump

harry

Reply to
Mr Harry

Whilst trying to repair my machine I read that some Ariston dishwashers have a problem with the non-return diaphragm in the pump. Under certain circumstances it won't open and the dishwasher doesn't drain.

sPoNiX

Reply to
S P O N I X