Dishwasher draining problem

I've an old (c.15 years) Siemens dishwasher that doesn't seem to be draining properly at the end of a cycle. The dishes seem clean, but there's an odd 'wet dog' smell that lingers for quite a while when the door's opened. When I run a cleaner cycle, the smell is of the cleaning detergent. Eventually, the smell goes - even if the door's closed.

I've relaced something called a water flow meter impeller jug - a google suggested it might be that. But still much the same, and I couldn't see anything untoward when I was fitting it. Also gave everything (seals, filters) a good clean.

Any ideas?

Reply to
RJH

Have you checked for obvious drain problems ?downstream? of the machine? A partially blocked drain might be stopping it pumping out fully.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

No - removing the drain hose looked complicated. And I couldn't follow how it it drains fully otherwise - why leave smelly water at the end of the cycle? That said, the small puddle of water that is left in the sump around the pump doesn't look that bad. Haven't tasted it mind :-)

I will take it out next time I have a look though.

Reply to
RJH

Somebody has been washing their dog in your dishwasher?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa