GE Profile dishwasher not draining all the way

Hi, I have a contractor grade GE Profile dishwasher that is cleaning dishes as well as it ever has, but the water never really drains all the way. It always leaves about 1 1/2 to 2" of water in the bottom. Not a spill/leak hazard, it just doesn't seem right. If I start a cycle and immediately press the cancel button, it will drain a little more out. Do that a few times and it will eventually get down to about 1/4 inch of water. Any thoughts? Anything to try to adjust? Thanks

Reply to
autonut843

Check the drain hose for blockage or kinking.

Reply to
trader4

Don't know about GE but have seen some that there was a filter in the bottom that would get partial clogged and water would stand in bottom. So look for such as that could be yoir problem Jack

Reply to
tinacci336

you are mixing dirty water into your clean water wash water. wash dishes by hand until you fix this with help for you now at:

buffalobill

check the manual

some models keep a small amount of water in the bottom to cover the turbidity sensor.

Reply to
philkryder

Hi,

No model# posted :(

-Some- possible trouble makers....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks! Here is the model number. MOD GSD4030Z07WW

Reply to
autonut843

Pay extra attention to these items as they can distort and cause incomplete drain outs....

assembly for check valve
valve assembly
flush flapper valve ( this is inside the check valve assembly )

breakdown.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

I had the same problem and replaced the piston assembly for check valce. The rubber washer was worn. Works perfectly now

Reply to
OdysseyProperty