Demolition Breaker

On 15/03/2019 14:44, RJH wrote:

I've done thgis with a hired concrete saw. mine had reinforcing in it.
On Friday, 15 March 2019 14:44:22 UTC, RJH wrote:

4" max? Easy job with a sledge hammer.
On 15/03/2019 16:17, harry wrote:

Big lever under edge to lift it off the ground a bit and hit it with a sledge and it will break easily.
Don't lift it and the ground absorbs much of the energy and its harder work.
On 15/03/2019 16:24, dennis@home wrote:

Agreed but he's not going to lift a 5m x 5m slab (at least, not without a 3 series JCB). OK to attack a half metre sized piece that way.
On 15/03/2019 20:32, newshound wrote:

which is why you use a concrete saw.
On 15/03/2019 14:44, RJH wrote:

I have a similar looking beast which I bought for a one off job some years back. While not particularly sophisticated, it does pack a fairly hefty punch, and so will do what you want fairly easily.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 15/03/2019 14:44, RJH wrote:

I should avoid all the suggestions that involve serious physical effort. Sledgehammer? Ridiculous! What is this, Alcatraz?
Buy the tool and you won't regret it. I have a similar one (same power) and it makes short work of 4" concrete. You can keep working for a long time because all you're doing is holding it in place.
Don't sell the tool afterwards. It will come in.
Bill
On 16/03/2019 04:18, Bill Wright wrote:

That's like people who drive to the gym and pay good money to use the running machine.
--
Adam

On a related note what's the best way to break up the concrete that was supporting a (now broken) fence post+stud? It does have to come out, it's stuck to the broken stud.
On Saturday, 16 March 2019 10:24:39 UTC, Davidm wrote:

If you don't have a breaker... dig out around it so it can move. move it left then put a bit of soil under it on the right move it right then put a bit of soil under it on the left repeat until it's walked up out of the hole. Lot eaiser to break it once it's not supoprted much.
NT
On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 12:05:49 +0000 (GMT+00:00), "Jim K.."

Wooden post bolted to concrete stud, BOTH broken at bottom, but stud hanging on via it's reinforcing rods. This is the second one that's gone, last one was a bu..er toget out with SDS drill/chisel and hammer & chisel.