Demolition Breaker

I find swinging a sledge hammer therapeutic.

Reply to
ARW

Also worth considering is that the 6 tons of broken concrete have to be moved and it may be better to have small pieces to lift/move rather than large pieces that are at the limit of what the OP can lift. especially after doing this for a few hours. It may be easy to shovel small pieces whereas large pieces cannot be moved this way.

I wonder if the slab (4 inches on the edge) has been laid on top of compacted hardcore requiring more material to be shifted.

Reply to
alan_m

Nope I just used a piece of 2x2 to lever and left in place then smacked the concrete. It works ok once you get started from an edge.

Reply to
ss

which is why you use a concrete saw.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have a similar looking beast which I bought for a one off job some years back. While not particularly sophisticated, it does pack a fairly hefty punch, and so will do what you want fairly easily.

Reply to
John Rumm

I should avoid all the suggestions that involve serious physical effort. Sledgehammer? Ridiculous! What is this, Alcatraz?

Buy the tool and you won't regret it. I have a similar one (same power) and it makes short work of 4" concrete. You can keep working for a long time because all you're doing is holding it in place.

Don't sell the tool afterwards. It will come in.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That's like people who drive to the gym and pay good money to use the running machine.

Reply to
ARW

On a related note what's the best way to break up the concrete that was supporting a (now broken) fence post+stud? It does have to come out, it's stuck to the broken stud.

Reply to
Davidm

If you don't have a breaker... dig out around it so it can move. move it left then put a bit of soil under it on the right move it right then put a bit of soil under it on the left repeat until it's walked up out of the hole. Lot eaiser to break it once it's not supoprted much.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Wooden post bolted to concrete stud, BOTH broken at bottom, but stud hanging on via it's reinforcing rods. This is the second one that's gone, last one was a bu..er toget out with SDS drill/chisel and hammer & chisel.

Reply to
Davidm

in stock now. You could actually do some diy.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

At what cost & mess though?

Reply to
Jim K..

Is this going to be related to "knocking a big nail in" by any chance?

Reply to
Jim K..

"Fence post + stud"? Stud?

Reply to
Jim K..

Is this a current offer? Or one coming up?

Reply to
Jim K..

says the original "armchair expert" !

Reply to