Decking

Brian, it's a picture of a really untidy garden.

Reply to
GB

Very tastefully executed. Caravan next door adds a nice touch.

Reply to
Richard

Art.

If you turned that photo into a painting and hung it in a London gallery, you'd be famous.

Or maybe you could actually buy the items there and do a confessional exhibition like Tracey Emin.

Then, when it's famous, sell the "installation" for £142,000 to an art collector, and comfortably retire ....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I think to count as a garden there has to be, at least, the possibility of things growing in it. It's a back yard entirely covered with some kind of timber decking covered with debris of some sort; I'm sure the owner has his reasons.

Reply to
Max Demian

to know all is to forgive all: e.g. all that tatty decking could just be the result of someone too productive to muck about with burials under a patio

Reply to
Robin

The owner does not know about it,

It's a renter property and the tenant installed it along with the shed at the back with a bar in it and the conservatory.

It's going to cost thousands to sort out.

ARW

If you change the0 into a 1 at the end of the link then it should auto download.

One thing that worries me about decking is rats. I know of several folk with this trendy patio system, and they have all had rodent issues. I'm not quite sure why, unless they eat there and it goes between the cracks when they drop food. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

There's a definite feel of a S African 'township' about it.

Note the satellite dishes and free electricity stolen from the government owned electricity company...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Your point seems to be that those people could be living in mansions, if only they were not spending so much on watching satellite telly?

Reply to
GB

So the periodic inspections went well :-)

Reply to
Fredxx

7 failures plus a note that the sockets and switches had been painted with gloss.

ARW

difficult to run a tv set without electricity

Reply to
charles

Doesn't the owner check on the property at 3 to 6 monthly intervals?

Reply to
SH

No idea. The letting agency was 80 miles away from the property.

Reply to
ARW

No, my point is that chavs are chavs irrespective of race/color. And they all have the same priorities..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You can't comfortably retire on £142,000.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Given in the UK you are more likely to subscribe to Sky TV if you're on benefits that would be a reasonable deduction.

Reply to
Fredxx

Must take some photos next time I go back of the next door neighbours garden.

They have a special car parked in front of the caravan.

Reply to
ARW

Evidence?

Reply to